Shit Donald Trump Says
A running catalog, until I go insane. Not even really gonna try to go back and catalog anything before May 3, 2016, the day Donald J. Trump clinched the GOP nomination at the Indiana primary. Not even going to try to catalog the daily reversals on policy (this would be a category error: policy for Trump is just a means of generating media attention). This is not at all comprehensive: Donald Trump says way too many bizarre, ignorant, or offensive things to fully keep track of.
- 2016-05-03: Accused Ted Cruz’s father of involvement with Lee Harvey Oswald just before JFK assassination. Ridiculous conspiracy theory.
- 2016-05-05: Tweeted image of Trump eating a taco bowl & “I love Hispanics!”
- 2016-05-06: Threatened to cause global economic crisis
- 2016-05-08: Trump: Men Today “Are Petrified To Speak To Women Anymore,” “Women Get It Better Than We Do, Folks”
- 2016-05-12: Donald Trump threatens Amazon as payback for Washington Post articles he doesn’t like
- 2016-05-13: In the 1980s and ’90s, Donald Trump masqueraded as publicist to brag about himself. Now he denies this.
- 2016-05-14: NYT: Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump Behaved With Women in Private.
- 2016-05-20: Trump asks ‘Who the hell cares if there’s a trade war?’ and sympathizes with the bully: “We’re like a big, big sloppy bully that gets punched in the face and goes down. You ever see a bully get knocked out? It’s a terrible thing, unless you’re doing the punching, then it’s OK.”
- 2016-05-23: Trump revives conspiracy theories about Vince Foster’s death: ‘He called theories of possible foul play “very serious” and the circumstances of Foster’s death “very fishy.” “He had intimate knowledge of what was going on,” Trump said, speaking of Foster’s relationship with the Clintons at the time. “He knew everything that was going on, and then all of a sudden he committed suicide.”’
- 2016-05-24: Back on March 29, Trump threatened to abandon Japan and advocated for nuclear proliferation
- 2016-06-03: Blatantly racist attacks against Judge Curiel, pressuring to recuse himself from a case due to his Mexican background.
- 2016-06-03: “Look at my African American over there”; he was a potential supporter.